$ 0 bn
Assets under management
Secondary transactions completed
Headquartered in London with an office in New York, Glendower's team includes over 36 professionals and is led by a senior team that has worked together in secondaries for nearly 20 years. The firm manages $12 billion in aggregate capital commitments across multiple funds backed by leading institutional and private investors worldwide.
$12 billionFunds committed
Glendower is a mid-sized secondaries manager, focusing on buyout and cash flow generative assets with potential for near-term liquidity. Glendower has an established track record having closed over 180 transactions involving more than 1,500 fund interests since inception. The team pursues a distinctive two-pronged strategy underpinned by a disciplined investment playbook, targeting LP Portfolio Secondaries and GP-led Secondaries to capitalise on the secondary market evolution.
Fund portfolio secondaries
Glendower has operational scale to systematically underwrite $5 million to $1 billion funds' portfolios and single fund positions, providing comprehensive solutions for tail-end portfolios, complex private feeder portfolios, and difficult-to-value assets.
- Tail-end portfolios, requiring operational capabilities to transact on older dated, highly fragmented portfolios
- Single LP interests with differentiated views and manager access
- Portfolios with significant public exposure requiring access to investment banking platforms
Glendower has developed a reputation as a reliable partner of choice for fund managers and investors due to the firm's long-standing experience in executing complex transactions. Glendower underwrites GP-led transactions ranging from $100 million to $500 million, including assets sales, fund recapitalizations, strip sales, and spinouts.
- Highly experienced, having actively invested in GP-led secondaries since 2007, completing over 60 deals for $3.4 billion
- Reputation as lead underwriter of transactions with mid-market managers
- Expertise in acquiring difficult to value assets using proprietary pricing and structuring capabilities to underwrite challenging transactions across adjacent asset classes