Michael Smith, Chairman, CVC Capital Partners Group Sarl (“CVC”): “We are delighted to announce a number of partner appointments and promotions made across the CVC group, effective 1 January 2008. Each promotion recognises the significant contribution the individuals have made to CVC’s global business and further bolsters CVC’s long standing international network of offices and stable management structure. We congratulate all those promoted.”
New Managing Partners
- Geert Duyck has been promoted to a Managing Partner of CVC Capital Partners Group. Geert is responsible for CVC’s Paris and Brussels offices and joined CVC in 1998.
- Roy Kuan has been promoted to a Managing Partner of CVC Capital Partners Group. Roy is responsible for Greater China, Southeast Asia and Korea. He joined CVC in 1999.
- Adrian MacKenzie has been promoted to a Managing Partner of CVC Capital Partners Group. Adrian is responsible for Australia and New Zealand. He joined CVC’s London office in 1995 and transferred to Sydney in 1999.
Daniel Schmitz, Marc St John, Marc Strobel, Peter Törnquist, Hugo van Berckel, Soren Vestergaard-Poulsen and Christian Wildmoser have been appointed Partners of CVC Capital Partners Group.
- Daniel Schmitz is based in Germany and joined CVC in 2004.
- Marc St John joined CVC in 1999 and is head of investor relations.
- Marc Strobel is based in Germany and joined CVC in 2000.
- Peter Törnquist is based in Sweden and joined CVC in 2003.
- Soren Vestergaard-Poulsen is based in Denmark and joined CVC in 1998.
- Christian Wildmoser is based in Switzerland and joined CVC in 2000.
Each of the new Partners has significant investment experience and have worked on a large number of transactions for CVC including DSI, Ista, Flint Group, Elster Group, Danske Traelast, Post Denmark, DePost – LaPoste and Matas
Senior Appointments and Promotions
CVC has also made a number of senior appointments and promotions throughout the group:
- Domnin de Kerdaniel has been made Senior Managing Director of CVC, based in France.
- Steven Buyse (Belgium), Pev Hooper (UK), Johan Sjögren (Sweden), Jan Reinier Voûte (Belgium) and Gijs Vuursteen (North America) have each been promoted to Managing Director.
- Alex Fotakidis (UK), Bart Meuter (The Netherlands), Dirk Mühl (Germany), Janish Patel (UK) and Christoffer Sjöqvist (Denmark) have each been promoted to Director.
- Giorgio de Palma (Italy), Tim Gallico (UK), Michael Lavrysen (Belgium), Gustaf Martin-Löf (Sweden), Tom Meredith (UK), Daniel Pindur (Germany), James Redmayne (UK) and Gero Wittemann (North America) have each been promoted to Investment Director.
- Tim Cundy has been promoted to Group Financial Controller.